Beverly Weidmer Ocampo, MA
Ms. Ocampo is an expert in multi-cultural research and various survey-related topics, including design, management and operations. Her research has explored healthcare in immigrant populations, with an emphasis on differences in healthcare among racial and ethnic groups. She has also studied the impact of culture and language on health-outcome inequalities and cultural competency.
- Survey Director, Survey Research Group; Deputy Survey Director, Healthy Passages Study; and Cultural Advisor/Translation Specialist, The RAND Corporation, Santa Monica, CA
- MA, 1991, University of Texas, Austin, Latin American Studies
- Ocampo, B. W., Shelley, G. A., & Jaycox, L. H. (2007). Latino teens talk about help seeking and help giving in relation to dating violence. Violence Against Women, 13(2), 172??189.
- Ngo-Metzger, Q., Telfair, J., Sorkin, D., Weidmer, B., Weech-Maldonado, R., Hurtado, M., et al. (2006). Cultural competency and quality of care: Obtaining the patient?'s perspective. The Commonwealth Fund, 39.
- Jaycox, L. H., McCaffrey, D. F., Ocampo, B. W., Shelley, G. A., Blake, S. M., Peterson, D. J., et al. (2006). Challenges in the evaluation and implementation of school-based prevention and intervention programs on sensitive topics. American Journal of Evaluation, 27(3), 320??336.
- Bean, D. L., Rotheram-Borus, M. J., Leibowitz, A., Horwitz, S. M., & Weidmer, B. (2003). Spanish-language services assessment for children and adolescents (SACA): Reliability of parent and adolescent reports. Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 42(2), 241??8.
- Morales, L. M., Weech-Maldonado, R., Elliott, M. N., Weidmer, B., & Hays, R. D. (2003). Psychometric properties of the Spanish-language Consumer Assessment of Health Plans Survey (CAHPS). Hispanic Journal of Behavioral Sciences, 25(3), 386??409.