Andrea Fagiolini, MD
Dr. Fagiolini is an expert in the pharmacological treatment of mood and anxiety disorders. His research has included the prevention and treatment of medical comorbidity in patients with bipolar disorder. In addition, he has studied relationships among comorbid symptoms, and outcomes in the treatment of primary psychiatric disorders.
- Associate Professor of Psychiatry, Department of Neuroscience, Division of Psychiatry, University of Siena School of Medicine, Siena, Italy
- Medical Director, Bipolar Disorder Center, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- Medical Director, Depression and Manic Depression Prevention Program, Department of Pscyhicatry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- MD, Universita di Pisa, Pisa, Italy
- Catena-Dell'Osso, M., Fagiolini, A., Marazziti, D., Baroni, S., & Bellantuono, C. (2013). Non-Monoaminergic targets for the development of antidepressants: Focus on neuropeptides. Mini Reviews in Medicinal Chemistry, 13(1), 2-10.
- Luchini, F., Lattanzi, L., Bartolommei, N., Cosentino, L., Litta, A., Kansky, C., ...Casamassima, F. (2013). Catotonia and neuroleptic malignant syndrome: Two Disorders on a same spectrum? Four case reports. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 201(1), 36-42.
- Cassano, G. B., Rucci, P., Benvenuti, A., Miniati, M., Calugi, S., Maggi, L.,...Frank, E. (2012). The role of psychomotor activation in discriminating unipolar from bipolar disorders: A classification-tree analysis. The Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, 73(1), 22-28.
- Swarts, H. A., & Fagiolini, A. (2012). Cardiovascular disease and bipolar disorder: Risk and clinical implications. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, 73(12), 1563-1565.
- Cassano, G., Mantua, V., & Fagiolini, A. (2011). Bipolar spectrum: Just broadening or an integration between categories and dimensions? World Psychiatry, 10(3), 192-193.