Roger D. Weiss, MD
Dr. Weiss's primary research interest is treatment of comorbid substance abuse and psychiatric illness. One of his projects has been development of Integrated Group Therapy for patients with bipolar and substance use disorders. In addition, he has been involved as PI on the Harvard site for NIDA's Collaborative Cocaine Treatment Study; COMBINE (an NIAAA project); the Northern New England Node of the NIDA Clinical Trials Network; and a multi-site study of treatment of opioid analgesic dependence.
- Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School Clinical Director, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Treatment Program, McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA
- MD, 1976, Tufts University School of Medicine
- Weiss RD, Potter J, Iannucci R. Inpatient treatment. The American Psychiatric Publishing textbook of substance abuse treatment (4th ed.) [e-book].Arlington, VA, US: American Psychiatric Publishing, Inc; 2008:445-458.
- Weiss RD, Griffin ML, Kolodziej ME, et al. A randomized trial of integrated group therapy versus group drug counseling for patients with bipolar disorder and substance dependence. American Journal of Psychiatry. 2007;164(1):100-107.
- Meade CS, Weiss RD. Substance abuse as a risk factor for HIV sexual risk behavior among persons with severe mental illness: Review of evidence and exploration of mechanisms. Clinical Psychology: Science and Practice. 2007;14-33.
- Harned MS, Najavits LM, Weiss RD, Self-Harm and Suicidal Behavior in Women with Comorbid PTSD and Substance Dependence. The American Journal on Addictions. 2006;15:392-395.
- Weiss RD, Kueppenbender KD. Combining psychosocial treatment with pharmacotherapy for alcohol dependence. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2006;26(Suppl 1):37-42.
- "I'll Give This a Shot"
- Community-friendly Interventions
- I've Never Felt Burdened
- Know Your Temperament
- The NIDA Clinical Trials Network