Roger S. McIntyre, MD
Dr. McIntyre specializes in research on mood disorders and medical comorbidity. He is a contributor to the Canadian Psychiatric Association guidelines for the treatment of depressive disorders and the Canadian Network for Mood and Anxiety Treatments guidelines for the management of bipolar disorder.
- Associate Professor, Psychiatry and Pharmacology, University of Toronto Head, Mood Disorders Psychopharmacology Unit, University Health Network, Toronto
- MD, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Konarski JZ, Kennedy SH, McIntyre RS, Rafi-Tari S, Soczynska JK, Mayberg HS. Relationship between regional brain metabolism, illness severity and age in depressed subjects. Psychiatry Res. 2007;155:203—10. Epub 2007 Jun 18.
- McIntyre RS, Konarski JZ, Kennedy SH, Dickens SE, Bagby RM. Measuring depressive symptoms in the naturalistic primary-care setting. Int J Clin Pract. 2007;61:1278—1282. Epub 2007 Jun 22.
- McIntyre RS, Soczynska JK, Woldeyohannes HO, et al. Thiazolidinediones: novel treatments for cognitive deficits in mood disorders? Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2007;8:1615—28.
- McIntyre RS, Soczynska JK, Woldeyohannes HO, Alsuwaidan M, Konarski JZ. A preclinical and clinical rationale for quetiapine in mood syndromes. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2007;8:1211—9.
- McIntyre RS, Woldeyohannes HO, Yasgur BS, Soczynska JK, Miranda A, Konarski JZ. Maintenance treatment in bipolar disorder: a focus on aripiprazole. Expert Rev Neurother. 2007;7:919—25.
- A Fascination for a Complex Syndrome
- Active Ingredients of a Successful Research Career
- Benefiting Real-World Patients
- Definition of Remission
- Quantifying Mood Disorders Is a Work in Progress