Ihsan M. Salloum, MD
Dr. Salloum has focused his research on diagnosis and treatment of comorbid mood disorders, with specific emphasis on bipolar disorders. His current projects include studies of pharmacotherapy for patients with bipolar and alcohol use disorder, and valproate treatment for comorbid bipolar disorder and cocaine dependence.
- Professor, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Miami School of Medicine (UMSM)
- Director, Addiction Psychiatry and Psychiatric Comorbidity Program, UMSM Co-director, Mood Disorders Program, UMSM
- Chair, Section on Classification, Diagnostic Assessment and Nomenclature, World Psychiatric Association
- MD, University of Bologna, Italy
- Mezzich, J. E., Appleyard, J., Botbol, M., Ghebrehiwet, T., Groves, J., Salloum, I., & van Dulmen, S. (2013). The sixth Geneva conference and person-centered health research. The International Journal of Person Centered Medicine, 3(2), 99-105.
- Salloum, I. M., Cornelius, J. R., & Kirisci, L. (2013). Substance use and psychiatric comorbidity in alcohol use disorders. American Journal on Addictions, 22(3), 311.
- Salloum, I. M., Abou-Saleh, M. T., & Krasnov, V. (2012). Comorbidity, psychiatric diagnosis and the person centered Integrative diagnostic model. The International Journal of Person Centered Medicine, 2(2), 168-172.
- Wallcraft, J., Gayvoronskaya, E., & Salloum, I. M. (2012). Strengths and protective factors in person-centered integrative diagnosis. The International Journal of Person Centered Medicine, 2(2), 193-195.
- Cornelius, J. R., Douaihy, A., Bukstein, O. G., Daley, D. C., Wood, S. D., Kelly, T. M., & Salloum, I. M. (2011). Evaluation of cognitive behavioral therapy/motivational enhancement therapy (CBT/MET) in a treatment trial of comorbid MDD/AUD adolescents. Addictive Behaviors, 36(8), 843-848.
- A Healthy Lifestyle
- A Nice Mechanism for Preliminary Work
- Get Advice about the Little Steps
- Reformulating the Question
- Taking Care of People
- Three Qualities of a Good Researcher