Jodi M. Gonzalez, PhD
Dr. Gonzalez has focused her research efforts on bipolar disorder. She has served as a psychotherapist in the Systematic Treatment Enhancement Program for Bipolar Disorder (STEP-BD), and received a NARSAD Young Investigator Award for work on psychotherapy for the illness. Other research interests include attitudes on mental health treatment, adherence to treatments, and relationships among treatment, race, and ethnicity.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- PhD, 1999, University of North Texas, Counseling Psychology
- Gonzalez, J. M., Cortes, D. E., Reeves, T., Whitley, R., Lopez, L., Bond, G.,...Miller, A. L. (2012). Community mental health agency views of research. Community Mental Health Journal, 48(2), 223-231.
- Gonzalez, J. M., Rubin, M., Fredrick, M., & Velligan, D. (2013). A qualitative assessment of cross-cultural adaptation of intermediate measures for schizophrenia in multisite international studies. Psychiatry Research, 206(2-3), 166-172.
- Singh, V., Bowden, C., Gonzalez, J. M., Thompson, P., Prihoda, T. J., Katz, M., & Bernardo, C. (2012). Discriminating primary clinical states in bipolar disorder with a comprehensive symptoms scale. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica, 127(2), 145-152.
- Gonzalez, J. M., Alegria, M., Prihoda, T., Copeland, L. A., & Zeber, J. E. (2011). How the relationship of attitudes toward mental health treatment and service use differs by age, gender, ethnicity/race and education. Social Psychiatry & Psychiatric Epidemiology, 46(1), 45-57.
- Thompson, P. M., Gonzalez, J. M., Singh, V., Schoolfield, J. D., Katz, M., & Bowden, C. (2010). Principal domains of behavioral psychopathology identified by the Bipolar inventory of signs and symptoms scale (BISS). Psychiatry Research, 175(3), 221-226.
- Clear Expectations
- Cultural Competence
- Getting Connected through Training Institutes
- Matching Advice with Your Goals
- Recruiting in Hispanic Communities
- Translating Measures
- Work Conflicts