Terence A. Ketter, MD
Dr. Ketter specializes in research on the neurobiology of mood disorders. His studies have included brain imaging and its use in the development of treatments for bipolar disorder. He has also studied bipolar disorder in adolescents and young adults, and relationships among mood disorders and creativity. In addition, Dr. Ketter has researched drug treatment for bipolar disorder, including anticonvulsant medications. He is the PI of the Stanford site in the NIMH-funded Bipolar Trials Network.
- Associate Professor, Dept. of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University School of Medicine
- Founder & Chief, Bipolar Disorders Clinic, Stanford University Medical Center
- MD, 1984, University of Toronto
- MSc, 1976, Sydney University, Mathematics
- Cookson J, Keck PE, Ketter TA, Macfadden W. Number needed to treat and time to response/remission for quetiapine monotherapy efficacy in acute bipolar depression: evidence from a large, randomized, placebo-controlled study. Int Clin Psychopharmacol. 2007;22:93—100.
- Ketter TA. Introduction - Advancing the treatment of acute mania: Evidence for the efficacy and safety of quetiapine. J Affect Disord. 2007;100(Suppl 1):S1—3. Epub 2007 Mar 23.
- Ketter TA, Jones M, Paulsson B. Rates of remission/euthymia with quetiapine monotherapy compared with placebo in patients with acute mania. J Affect Disord. 2007;100(Suppl 1):S45—53. Epub 2007 Mar 26.
- Marsh WK, Templeton A, Ketter TA, Rasgon NL. Increased frequency of depressive episodes during the menopausal transition in women with bipolar disorder: Preliminary report [abstract]. J Psychiatr Res. Epub 2007 Jan 29.
- Post RM, Ketter TA, Uhde T, Ballenger JC. Thirty years of clinical experience with carbamazepine in the treatment of bipolar illness: Principles and practice. CNS Drugs. 2007; 21:47—71.
- Bipolar Disorder in Young Adults
- Extending a Research Fellowship
- Following Opportunities
- Industry Studies Have a Place
- Measuring a Changing Population
- NIH Fellowship Provides a Strong Foundation
- The Scenic Route
- Using Foundation Funding