Charles L. Bowden, MD
Dr. Bowden is an expert in psychiatric disorders, with a specialty in the bipolar spectrum. His research interests include psychopharmacology, diagnosis and behavior in mood disorders, and biological pathophysiology. Currently, Dr. Bowden is PI on an NIMH DCISR grant to investigate bipolar disorders among Hispanic communities in the U.S.
- Clinical Professor, Dept. of Psychiatry, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- MD, Baylor College of Medicine
- Houston JP, Lipkovich IA, Ahl J, Rotelli MD, Baker RW, Bowden CL. Initial symptoms of manic relapse in manic or mixed-manic bipolar disorder: Post hoc analysis of patients treated with olanzapine or lithium. J Psychiatr Res. 2007;41:616-621.
- Goldberg JF, Perlis RH, Ghaemi SN, Calabrese JR, Bowden, CL, Wisniewski S, et al. Adjunctive antidepressant use and symptomatic recovery among bipolar depressed patients with concomitant manic symptoms: Findings from the STEP-BD. Am J Psychiatry. 2007;164:1348-1355.
- Bowden CL, Calabrese JR, Ketter TA. Impact of lamotrigine and lithium on weight in obese and nonobese patients with bipolar I disorder. Am J Psychiatry. 2006;163:1199-1201.
- Glahn DC, Bearden CE, Bowden CL. Reduced educational attainment in bipolar disorder. J Affect Disord. 2006;92:309-312.
- Bowden, CL. Bipolar disorders: Treatment options and patient satisfaction. Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat. 2006;2:149-153.
- Be Selfish of Your Time
- Keeping the Team Together
- Knowing More About Less
- P20 Exploratory Center Grant
- Two Aspects of Community Involvement