F. Xavier Castellanos, MD
After completing a residency in pediatrics, general psychiatry, and child psychiatry, Dr. Castellanos began a distinguished career studying the biological and psychological elements of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorders. His research focuses on neurological analysis of the possible root causes of ADHD with an emphasis on genetic analysis and neuroimaging.
- Director of Research, Phyllis Green and Randolph Cowen Institute for Pediatric Neuroscience, New York University Child Study Center, New York, NY
- Brooke and Daniel Neidich Professor of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, New York University School of Medicine
- Professor of Radiology, New York University School of Medicine
- MD, Louisiana State University Medical Center
- Mennes, M., Kelly, C., Colcombe, S., Castellanos, F. X., & Milham, M. P. (2013). The extrinsic and intrinsic functional architectures of the human brain are not equivalent. Cerebral Cortex, 23(1), 223-229.
- Ramos Olazagasti, M., Klein, R. G., Mannuzza, S., Belsky, E. R., Hutchison, J. A., Lashua-Shriftman, E. C., & Castellanos, F. X. (2013). Does childhood attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder predict risk-taking and medical illnesses in adulthood? Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 52(2), 153-162.
- Roy, A., Fudge, J. L., Kelly, C., Perry, J. S., Daniele, T., Carlisi, C.,...& Ernst, M. (2013). Intrinsic functional connectivity of amygdala-based networks in adolescent generalized anxiety disorder. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 52(3), 290-299.
- Walsh, K. S., Velez, J., Kardel, P. G., Imas, D. M., Muenke, M., Packer, R. J., Castellanos, F. X., & Acosta, M. T. (2013). Symptomatology of autism spectrum disorder in a population with neurofibromatosis type 1. Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology, 55(2), 131-138.
- Alonso-Solis, A., Corripio, I., de Castro-Manglano, P., Duran-Sindreu, S., Garcia-Garcia, M., Proal, E.,...Castellanos, F. X. (2012). Altered default network resting state functional connectivity in patients with a first episode of psychosis. Schizophrenia Research, 139(1-3), 13-18.
- 5000 Hours of Effort
- Career Development Awards
- Chairing a Study Section
- Find Your Intellectual Capital
- Grants are Organic Documents
- Making Gut Decisions
- Not Very Streamlined
- Protected Time
- Resubmitting Unscored Grant Proposals
- Salary is Secondary
- The Heart of Research Training
- Training at the NIMH
- You Always Need a Mentor