Mauricio Tohen, MD, DrPH
Dr. Tohen's research reflects more than 20 years of work in clinical epidemiology and clinical trials in the area of bipolar disorder. His research integrates academic and industry work, and recent projects include clinical trials in bipolar disorder and clinical epidemiology of bipolar disorder with a focus on first episode patients.
- Aaron and Bobbie Elliot Krus Endowed Professor of Psychiatry, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Head, Division of Mood and Anxiety Disorders, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Consultant, McLean Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- MD, 1976, National University of Mexico
- DrPH, 1988, Harvard University, Public Health
- MBA, 2000, Kelly School of Business, Indiana University
- Baldessarini, R. J., Tondo, L., Vazquez, G. H., Undurraga, J., Bolzani, L., Yildiz, A.,...Tohen, M. (2012). Age at onset versus family history and clinical outcomes in 1,665 international bipolar-I disorder patients. World Psychiatry, 11(1), 40-46.
- Katagiri, H., Takita, Y., Tohen, M., Higuchi, T., Kanba, S., & Takahashi, M. (2012). Safety and efficacy of olanzapine monotherapy and olanzapine with a mood stabilizer in 18-week treatment of manic/mixed episodes for Japanese patients with bipolar I disorder. Current Medical Research and Opinion, 28(5), 701-713.
- Olsen, B. T., Ganocy, S. J., Bitter, S. M., Findling, R. L., Case, M., Chang, K., Tohen, M., & DelBello, M. P., (2012). Health-related quality of life as measured by the child health questionnaire in adolescents with bipolar disorder treated with olanzapine. Comprehensive Psychiatry, 53(7), 1000-1005.
- Tohen, M. (2012). Methodologies to avoid the enrollment of ineligible patients in clinical trials. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, 73(11), 1426-1427.
- Tohen, M., McDonnell, D. P., Case, M., Kanba, S., Ha, K., Fang, Y.,...Gomez, J. (2012). Randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of olanzapine in patients with bipolar I depression. The British Journal of Psychiatry, 202(2), 153.
- An Intriguing Offer
- Collaboration in Industry
- Conducting Research Outside the Industrial World
- Moving from Industry to Academia
- Negative Findings
- Put the Patients First
- The Ethics of Authorship in Pharma
- Working in Industry