Nalini Negi, PhD
Dr. Negi's research interests include culturally competent social work practice, transnational approaches to research and social work, and mental health research within Latino communities. She received dissertation awards from the University of Texas at Austin's NIDA Research Development Program and the Hogg Foundation for Mental Health. Dr. Negi speaks five languages and is an active member of the National Hispanic Science Network.
- Assistant Professor, School of Social Work, University of Maryland
- PhD, University of Texas at Austin, Social Work
- Furman, R. Negi, N. J., Schatz, M. C. S. (2008). Positioning the transnational social work agency: Using a wrap-around model. Global Networks, 8(4), 496-503.
- Furman, R., Negi, N. J. (2007). Social work practice with transnational Latino populations. International Social Work, 50(1), 107-112.
- Furman, R., Langer, C. L., Sanchez, T. W., & Negi, N. J. (2007). A qualitative study of immigration policy and practice dilemmas for social work students. Journal of Social Work Education, 43(1), 133-146.
- Furman, R. Negi, N. J., Schatz, M. C. S. (2008). Positing the transnational social work agency: Using a wrap-around model. Global Networks, 8(4), 496-503.
- Poole, D. & Negi, N.J. (2007).Transnational community enterprises for health and social welfare: Mexico and the United States. International Journal of Social Welfare, 17(3), 243-246.
- Does Anybody Know. . .
- It Pays Off
- Multiple Access Points
- National Hispanic Science Network
- Validate Your Job Talk