Guillermo J. Prado, PhD
Dr. Prado's research centers on substance abuse prevention in Hispanic youth and health risks associated with this behavior. His current funding includes a U01 and two R01s examining the efficacy of Familias Unidas, an intervention designed to reduce substance use, a well-known risk factor for HIV infection, among this population.
- Associate professor, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University of Miami
- Director of the Epidemiology Doctoral Program, University of Miami
- BS, 1997, University of Florida, Statistics and Mathematics
- MS, 2000, University of Miami, Statistics
- PhD, 2005, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Epidemiology and Public Health
- Pantin, H., Prado, G., Lopez, B. et al. (2009). A randomized controlled trial of Familias Unidas for Hispanic adolescents with behavior problems. Psychosomatic Medicine, Pub. online before print, October.
- Prado, G., Huang, S., Schwartz, S. J. et al. (2009). What accounts for differences in substance use among U.S.-born and immigrant Hispanic adolescents?: Results from a longitudinal prospective cohort study. Journal of Adolescent Health, 45, 118-125.
- Amaro, H., Ahl, M., Matsumoto, A., Prado, G. et al. (2009). Trial of the university assistance program for alcohol use among mandated students. J Stud Alcohol Drugs Suppl. no. 16, 45-56.
- Prado, G., Schwartz, S., Maldonado-Molina, M. et al. (2009). Ecodevelopmental x intrapersonal risk: Substance use and sexual behavior in Hispanic adolescents. Health Education and Behavior, 36, 45-61.
- Lopez, B., Schwartz, S. J., Prado, G. et al. (2008). Correlates of early alcohol and drug use in Hispanic adolescents: Examining the role of ADHD with comorbid conduct disorder, family, school, and peers. Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology, 37, 820-832.
- Analysis in Randomized Trials
- Choosing Epidemiology
- Eco-Developmental Theory
- Engaging Participants Through Initial Contact
- Part of the Process
- Power Calculations for Each Hypothesis
- The Right Field for Me