Anne Germain, PhD
Dr. Germain's research interests focus on the neural underpinnings of sleep disturbances comorbid with post-traumatic stress disorder and other stress-related disorders in military populations; the efficacy and mechanisms of cognitive-behavioral and pharamcological treatments of stress-related sleep disturbances; and the impact of sleep disruption on neural circuits involved in fear and reward responses.
- Associate Professor of Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, and Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, Pittsburgh, PA
- Associate Professor of Psychology, University of Pittsburgh
- PhD, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Clinical Psychology
- Germain A. (2013). Sleep disturbances as the hallmark of PTSD: Where are we now? Am J Psychiatry, 170(4), 372-382. doi: 10.1176/appi.ajp.2012.12040432
- Germain A., James J., Insana S., Herringa R. J., Mammen O., Price J., Nofzinger E. (2013). A window into the invisible wound of war: functional neuroimaging of REM sleep in returning combat veterans with PTSD. Psychiatry Res, 211(2), 176-179. doi: 10.1016/j.pscychresns.2012.05.007
- Germain, A., Richardson, R., Moul, D. E., Mammen, O., Haas, G., Forman, S. D., Rode, N., Begley, A., Nofzinger, E. A. (2012). Placebo-controlled comparison of prazosin and cognitive-behavioral treatments for sleep disturbances in US Military Veterans. Journal of Psychosomatic Research, 72(2), 89-96.
- Troxel W., Germain A., Buysse D. J. (2012). Clinical Management of Insomnia with Brief Behavioral Treatment (BBTI). Behav Sleep Med, 10(4), 266-279. doi: 10.1080/15402002.2011.607200
- Ebdlahad, S., Nofzinger, E. A., James, J. A., Buysse, D. J., Price, J. C., Germain, A. (2013). Comparing neural correlates of REM sleep in posttraumatic stress disorder and depression: A neuroimaging study. Psychiatry Research Neuroimaging, 214(3), 422-8.
- A Natural Collaboration
- Dealing with Multiple IRBs
- Getting Your Team's Input
- HIPAA and Data Sharing
- HIPAA's Challenges
- Learn to Let Go
- Managing People
- Working with HR