Jeffrey Jonas, MD
Dr. Jonas leads the departments of clinical development, preclinical development, regulatory affairs, and quality assurance and compliance at Isis. Previously, Dr. Jonas was chief medical officer at Forest Laboratories, Inc. He has been responsible for numerous successful INDs and NDAs for drugs in a wide range of therapeutic classes, and has published over 60 scientific papers.
- Executive Vice President, Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Carlsbad, CA.
- MD, 1979, Harvard Medical School, Medicine
- BA, 1975, Amherst College, Amherst, MA, Biology and English
- Jonas JM, Cohon MS: A comparison of the safety and efficacy of alprazolam versus other agents in the treatment of anxiety, panic, and depression: A review of the literature. J Clin Psychiatry 54:25-45, 1993.
- Jonas JM: Triazolam's adverse psychiatric effects. Hum Psychopharmacol 8:64, 1993.
- Jonas JM, Hearron AE: Alprazolam and suicidal ideation: Meta-analysis of controlled trials in treatment of depression. J Clin Psychopharmacol 16:208-211, 1996.
- Hudson JL, McElroy SL, Raymond NC, Crow S, Keck PE, Carter WP, Mitchell JE, Strakowski SM, Pope HG, Coleman B, Jonas JM: Fluvoxamine in the treatment of binge-eating disorder: A multicenter placebo-controlled double-blind trial. Am J Psychiatry 155:1756-1762, 1998.
- Wagner KD, Jonas JM, Findling RL, Venture D, Saikali K: A double-blind randomized, placebo-controlled trial of escitalopram in the treatment of pediatric depression. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 45:280-288, 2006.
- Collaboration Between Industry and Outside Researchers
- The High Standards of Industry
- The Phases of Industry Trials
- View from Industry