Jane N. Kogan, PhD
Dr. Kogan specializes in cognitive-behavioral treatment of psychiatric disorders and assessment and treatment of bipolar and comorbid disorders. Her primary research interests are health care delivery innovations and dissemination of evidence-based mental health practice to community settings.
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, Pittsburgh, PA
- Director, UPMC Center for High-Value Health Care, Grants & Contracts, UPMC Insurance Services Division, Pittsburgh, PA
- PhD, 1999, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV, Clinical Psychology
- Madson, M., Mohn, R. S., Zuckoff, A., Schumacher, J. A., Kogan, J., Hutchison, S.,...Stein, B. (2013). Measuring client perceptions of motivational interviewing: Factor analysis of the client evaluation of motivational interviewing scale. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment, 44(3), 330-335.
- Stein, B. D., Klein, G., Greenhouse, J. B., & Kogan, J. N. (2012). Treatment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder: Patterns of evolving care during the first treatment episode. Psychiatric Services, 63(2), 122-129.
- Stein, B. D., Kogan, J. N., Hutchison, S., Magee, E. A., & Sorbero, M. J. (2010). Use of outcomes information in child mental health treatment: Results from a pilot study. Psychiatric Services, 61(13), 1211-1216.
- Kogan, J. N., Bauer, M. S., Dennehy, E. B., Miklowitz, D., Gonzalez, J. M., Thompson, P. M., & Sachs, G. S. (2009). Increasing minority research participation through collaboration with community outpatient clinics: The STEP-BD community partners experience. Clinical Trials, 6(4), 344-354.
- Stein, B. D., Kogan, J. N., & Sorbero, M. (2009). Substance abuse detoxification and residential treatment among Medicaid-enrolled adults: Rates and duration of subsequent treatment. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 104(1-2), 100-106.
- Blending Qualitative and Quantitative Research
- Career Development Institutes
- Career Path
- Importance of Community Stakeholders
- Monitor Recruitment Closely
- Obtain Management Skills Early
- Stay On Top of It