Lauren B. Marangell, MD
Dr. Marangell's research focuses on the development of improved therapeutics for primary mood disorders, including depression and bipolar disorders. She has received several awards, including the Laughlin Fellowship of the American College of Psychiatrists, the Young Investigators Award from NARSAD, and the Exemplary Psychiatrist Award from the National Alliance for the Medically Ill.
- Associate Professor, Psychiatry, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Brown Foundation Chair of the Psychopharmacology of Mood Disorders, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Baylor College of Medicine
- Director, Psychopharmacology Research, Educational and Clinical Enhancement Program of the South Central Mental Illness, Research, Education, and Clinical Center (MIRECC), Department of Veterans Affairs, Houston, TX
- MD, 1987, Baylor College of Medicine
- Marangell LB, Goff DC, Yudofsky SC. Psychopharmacology and electroconvulsive therapy. In: Bourgeois JA, Hales RE, Yudofsky SC, eds. The American Psychiatric Publishing Board Prep and Review Guide for Psychiatry. Washington, D.C.: American Psychiatric Publishing Inc.; 2007:305-346.
- Sackeim HA, Brannan SK, Rush AJ, George MS, Marangell LB, Allen J. Durability of antidepressant response to vaqus nerve stimulation (VNS). Int J of Neuropsychopharmacol. 2007;10(6):817-826.
- Chessick CA, Perlick DA, Miklowitz DJ, Kaczynski R, Allen MH, Morris CD, Marangell LB, STEP-BD Family Experience Collaborative Study Group. Current suicide ideation and prior suicide attempts of bipolar patients as influences on caregiver burden. Suicide and Life Threat Behav. 2007;37(4):482-491.
- Fava M, Martinez JM, Greist J, Marangell LB, et al. The efficacy and tolerability of duloxetine in the treatment of anxious versus non-anxious depression: a post-hoc analysis of an open-label outpatient study. Ann of Clin Psychiatry. 2007;19(3):187-195.
- Sachs GS, Nierenberg AA, Calabrese JR, Marangell LB, et al. Effectiveness of adjunctive antidepressant treatment for bipolar depression. N Engl J Med. 2007;356(17):1711-1722.
- Igniting My Curiosity
- Including Industry Trials in Your Portfolio
- Is it a Fair Trial?
- Mock Study Section
- Publishing Negative Findings