Andrea Schneider, JD
Professor Schneider, a specialist in mediation and negotiation, has conducted training sessions for law firms, companies, court systems, and other organizations throughout the country. Her areas of specialty include negotiation strategy, international law, and ethics. She is the author and co-author of numerous books and articles on dispute resolution, negotiation, and international conflict. Marquette’s Foreclosure Mediation Program was named Lawyer of the Year by the Milwaukee Bar Association in 2010 and Professor Schneider was named 2009 Woman of the Year by the Wisconsin Law Journal.
- Professor of Law and Director of the Dispute Resolution Program, Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, WI
- JD, Harvard Law School
- Schneider A. K. (2012). Teaching a new negotiation skills paradigm. Washington University Journal of Law & Policy, 39, 13-38.
- Menkel-Meadow C. J., Love L. P., Schneider A. K., & Sternlight J. R. (2011). Dispute resolution: Beyond the adversarial model (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Aspen Publishing.
- Moffitt M. L., Schneider A. K. (2011). Examples & explanations: Dispute resolution (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Aspen Publishing.
- Schneider A. K., Tinsley C. H., Cheldelin S., Amanatullah E. T. (2010). Likeability v. competence: The impossible choice faced by female politicians, attenuated by lawyers. Duke Journal of Gender Law & Policy, 17, 363-384.
- Goodrich K., Schneider A. K. (2010). The classroom can be all fun & games. Ohio State Journal on Dispute Resolution, 25(1), 87.
- Avoidance Can Be Good
- Being the Mediator
- Body Language
- Competitive Negotiation
- Compromising vs. Collaborating
- Cross-Examining vs. Curiosity
- Facilitating a Successful Meeting
- Ladder of Inference
- Negotiate in Stages
- Negotiation Prep
- Tooting Your Own Horn
- Turn the Volume Down
- Women and Negotiation