M. Cookie Newsom, PhD
Dr. Newsom is committed to promoting diversity in the university community. She has studied the black/white achievement gap and currently directs Diversity Education and Research at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Director, Diversity Education and Research, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC
- PhD, 2000, University of Dayton, Educational Leadership
- Errickson, S.P., Alvarez, M., Forquera, R., Whitehead, T.L., Fleg, A., Hawkins, T., ... Schoenbach, V.J. (2011). What will health-care reform mean for minority health disparities? Public Health Reports 126(2), 170-175.
- Newsom, M.C. (2008). Biography of Roger Badger. In H.L. Gates & E.B. Higginbotham (Eds.), The African American National Biography. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Newsom, M.C. & Ervin, A. (2007). Navigating the river: Environmental scanning tenable programs and initiatives for students of color to withstand internal and external challenges. In M.C. Brown II (Ed.), Still not equal: Expanding opportunity. New York: Peter Lang.
- Newsom, M. C. (2004). Benjamin Banneker: Black scholar, abolitionist, astronomer, surveyor (and planner?) of the District of Columbia. Community College Humanities Review, 25, 7-25.