Steven B. Pokorny, PhD
Dr. Pokorny has extensive experience with tobacco prevention and control programs and has published more than 40 articles from his work on this topic. His research interests include tobacco prevention and control, prevention science, health promotion, and community-based participatory research.
- Director of Health Promotion, Florida Deptartment of Health, Alachua County Health Department, Gainesville, FL
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Behavioral Science and Community Health, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- PhD, 2000, DePaul University, Clinical Psychology with specialization in Community Psychology
- Adams, M. L., Jason, L. A., Pokorny, S., & Hunt, Y. (2012). Exploration of the Link between tobacco retailers in school neighborhoods and student smoking. Journal of School Health, 83(2), 112-118.
- Werch, C.E., Bian, H., Carlson, J.M., Moore, M.J., Diclemente, C.C., Huang, I.C., ... Pokorny, S.B. (2011). Brief integrative multiple behavior intervention effects and mediators for adolescents. Journal of Behavioral Medicine, 34(1), 3-12.
- Werch, C.E., Bian, H., Diclemente, C.C., Moore, M.J., Thombs, D., Ames, S.C., Huang, I.C., & Pokorny S. (2010). A brief image-based prevention intervention for adolescents. Psychology of Addictive Behaviors, 24(1), 170-175.
- Jason, L.A., Pokorny, S.B., Adams, M., Nihls, A., Kim, H.Y., & Hunt, Y. (2009). Cracking down on youth tobacco may influence drug use. Journal of Community Psychology, 38, 1-15.
- Adams, M.A., Jason, L.A., Pokorny, S.B., & Hunt, Y. (2009). The impact of school policies on reducing youth tobacco use. Journal of School Health, 79, 17-23.