John Matthews, PhD
Dr. Matthews' research interests include GLBT issues, adoption & adoptive parenting, child & family welfare, and qualitative research methodologies.
- Assistant Professor, School of Social Work, Eastern Washington University
- PhD, 2004, Virginia Commonwealth University, Social Work
- Lester, L., Matthews, J., & Schneider, R. L. (2002). Entitlement policies and programs: Internet access for social work professionals and students in the Commonwealth of Virginia (2nd ed.). Richmond, VA: Virginia Commonwealth University.
- Matthews, J. D., & Cramer, E. P. (in press). Envisaging the adoption process to strengthen gay and lesbian-headed families: Recommendations for adoption professionals. Child Welfare.
- Matthews, J. D., & Cramer, E. P. (in press). Making connections: Parallel process issues for lesbian and gay adoptive parents and their adopted children. Journal of Family Social Work.
- Matthews, J. D. (under review). The lived experience of single, gay adoptive fathers: Results from a qualitative study. The Journal of GLBT Family Studies.