Barbara J. McMorris, PhD
Dr. McMorris manages and directs the daily activities for a longitudinal study of risk and protective factors and their impact on the development of substance use, related violent or delinquent behaviors, and prosocial academic competency among a random sample of adolescents in Washington State and Victoria, Australia.
- Project Director/Co-Investigator, Social Development Research Group, University of Washington
- PhD, 1997, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Sociology
- McMorris, B. J., Hemphill, S. A., Toumbourou, J. W., Catalano, R. F., & Patton, G. C. (in press). Prevalence of substance use and delinquent behavior in adolescents from Victoria, Australia and Washington, USA. Health Education & Behavior.
- Bond, L., Clements, J., Bertalli, N., Evans-Whipp, T., McMorris, B. J., Patton, G. C., Toumbourou, J. W., & Catalano, R. F. (in press). A comparison of self-reported puberty using the Pubertal Development Scale and the Sexual Maturation Scale in a school-based epidemiologic survey. Journal of Adolescence.
- Herrenkohl, T. I., McMorris, B. J., Hemphill, S. A., Catalano, R. F., & Toumbourou, J. W. (in press). Risk factors for violence and relational aggression among adolescents. Journal of Interpersonal Violence.
- Hemphill, S. A., Herrenkohl, T. I., LaFazia, A. N., McMorris, B. J., Toumbourou, J. W., Arthur, M. W., Catalano, R. F., Hawkins, J. D., & Bond, L. (in press). Comparison of the structure of adolescent problem behavior in the United States and Australia. Crime and Delinquency.
- Yoder, K. A., Munoz, E. A., Whitbeck, L. B., Hoyt, D. R., & McMorris, B. J. (2005). Arrests among homeless and runaway youth: The effects of race and gender. Journal of Crime and Justice, 28(1), 35-58.