Mary Ann McCabe, PhD
Dr. McCabe oversaw activities in science policy, social policy, and the dissemination of research findings in child development for SRCD, and she also directed the SRCD Congressional and Executive Branch fellowship programs. Prior to assuming her position with SRCD, Dr. McCabe was the Director of Health Psychology and Director of Training in Psychology at Children's National Medical Center. Her areas of research and writing have focused in neuropsychological and behavioral sequelae of medical treatments in children, as well as minors' capacity for involvement in decision making about medical and mental health treatment and research.
- Independent Practice and Consulting
- Associate Clinical Professor of Pediatrics George Washington University School of Medicine
- Affiliate Faculty, Applied Developmental Psychology George Mason University
- PhD, 1988, Catholic University of America, Clinical Psychology
- Lyon, M. E., McCabe, M. A., Patel, K., & D'Angelo, L. J. (2004). What do adolescents want? An exploratory study regarding end-of-life decision making. Journal of Adolescent Health, 35, 529.
- McCabe, M. A., Rushton, C., Glover, J., Murray, M., & Leikin, S. L. (1996). In the spirit of the PSDA: Guidelines for involving adolescents in health care decision making. Journal of Adolescent Health, 19, 319-324.
- McCabe, M. A. (1996). Involving children in medical decision making: Developmental and clinical considerations. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 21, 505-516.
- Johnson, D. L., McCabe, M. A., Nicholson, H. S., Joseph, A. L., Getson, P., Byrne, J., Brasseux, C., Packer, R., & Reaman, G. (1994). Quality of long-term survival in young children with medulloblastoma. Journal of Neurosurgery, 80, 1004-1010.
- Weisz, J., McCabe, M. A., & Dennig, M. (1994). Primary and secondary control among children undergoing medical procedures: Adjustment as a function of coping style. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 62, 324-332.
- Explain Your Work Clearly
- Finding the Shoe That Fits
- Pay Attention to Happiness
- SRCD Policy Fellowships
- Talking About Child Development
- The Two-Armed Psychologist