Ellen Frank, PhD
Dr. Frank is internationally recognized for her clinical research in the assessment and treatment of mood disorders. She is studying the efficacy of Interpersonal and Social Rhythm Therapy, a psychotherapy she and her colleagues developed for the adjunctive treatment of manic-depressive illness. She is also involved in a study aimed at achieving a better understanding of the clinical importance of subsyndromal mood, anxiety, and eating disorders.
- Professor of Psychiatry and Psychology, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- Director, Depression Prevention Program, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- PhD, 1979, University of Pittsburgh, Clinical Psychology
- Goldstein, T. R., Fersch-Podrat, R., Gilbert, A., Hlastala, S. A., Birmaher, B. and Frank, E. (2014). Early intervention for adolescents at high risk for the development of bipolar disorder: Pilot study of Interpersonal and Social Rhythm Therapy (IPSRT). Psychotherapy, 51, 180-189.
- Frank, E., Sidor, M. M., Gamble, K. L., Cirelli, C., Sharkey, K. M., Hoyle, N., … Hasler, B.P. (2013). Circadian clocks, brain function, and development. Annals of The New York Academy of Sciences, 1306, 43-67.
- Soreca I., Cheng Y., Frank E., Fagiolini A., Kupfer D. J. (2013). Season of birth is associated with adult body mass index in patients with bipolar disorder. Chronobiology International, 30(4), 577-582.
- Scott J., Leboyer M., Hickie I., Berk M., Kapczinski F., Frank E., Kupfer D., McGorry P. (2013). Clinical staging in psychiatry: a cross-cutting model of diagnosis with heuristic and practical value. The British Journal of Psychiatry, 202, 243-245.
- Fournier, J. C., Cyranowski, J. M., Rucci, P., Cassano, G. B. and Frank, E. (2012). The multiple dimensions of the social anxiety spectrum in mood disorders. Journal of Psychiatric Research, 46(9), 1223-1230.
- Controversial Issues and the Media
- Don't Be in a Hurry
- Knowing How Interviewers Think
- Mock Study Section
- Take the Lead in an Interview
- The Beauty of CAT
- You Have No Control Over the Media