Pia Escudero, LCSW
As director of the Los Angeles Unified School District School Mental Health, Ms. Escudero oversees more than 300 professionals, including psychiatric social workers, psychiatrists, and clinical psychologists. She provides local and national leadership to assist in the development, implementation, evaluation, and dissemination of trauma-informed and trauma-specific services for children and families under the LAUSD Trauma Services Adaptation (TSA) Center for Resiliency, Hope, and Wellness in Schools. Ms. Escudero has also participated in the development of the California Mental Health Services Act and represented LAUSD, students, and school stakeholders in several local and state workgroups.
- Director, Los Angeles Unified School District School Mental Health
- Jaycox, L.H., Stein, B., Kataoka, S., Wong, M., Fink, A., Escudero, P. & Zaragoza, C. (2002). Violence exposure, PTSD, and depressive symptoms among recent immigrant school children. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 41, 1104-1110.
- Stein, B., Kataoka, S., Jaycox, L., Wong, M., Fink, A., Escudero, P. & Zaragoza, C. (2002). Theoretical basis and program design of a school based mental health intervention for traumatized immigrant children: A collaborative research partnership. Journal of Behavioral Health Services and Research, 29, 318-326.
- Kataoka, S., Stein, B. D., Jaycox, L. H., Wong, M., Escudero, P., Tu, W., Zaragoza, C. & Fink, A. (2003). Effectiveness of a school-based mental health program for traumatized Latino immigrant children. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 42, 311-318.
- Ngo, V., Langley, A., Kataoka, S.H, Nadeem, E., Escudero, P.,& Stein, B.D. Providing evidence based practice to ethnically diverse youth: Examples from the Cognitive Behavioral Intervention for Trauma in Schools (CBITS) Program. Manuscript submitted for publication.
- Getting Into Schools
- Organizational Readiness
- Respond to the Diverse Strengths of Your Clinicians
- The Value of Evidence-based Interventions
- Use Data as a Feedback Loop