Diana McDonnell, PhD
Dr. McDonnell has more than 15 years of experience in data analysis and study design. She has worked in several different settings, including private industry, a local health department, and academia. Her current focus is consolidating and expanding the Center for Family and Community Health's work with the Asian Pacific Islander American community.
- Research Epidemiologist, Center for Family and Community Health, UC-Berkeley School of Public Health, Berkeley, CA
- PhD, 2004, Johns Hopkins University, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Public Health with an emphasis on epidemiology
- McDonnell, D.D., Kazinets, G., Lee, H-J., Moskowitz, J.M. (2011). An internet based smoking cessation program for Korean Americans: Results from a randomized controlled trial. Nicotine & Tobacco Research, 13(5), 336-343.
- McDonnell, D.D., Lee, Y.J., Kazinets, G., & Moskowitz, J.M. (2010). Successful strategies for online recruitment of targeted populations: Lessons learned from a smoking cessation study among Korean Americans. Social Marketing Quarterly, 16(3), 2-22. doi:10.1080/15245004.2010.500441
- Myung, S.K., Ju, W., McDonnell, D.D., Lee, Y.J., Kazinets, G., Cheng, C-T., & Moskowitz, J.M. (2009). Mobile phone use and risk of tumors: A meta-analysis. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 27(33), 5565-5572. doi:10.1200/JCO.2008.21.6366
- Myung, S.K., McDonnell, D.D., Kazinets, G., Seo, H.G., & Moskowitz, J.M. (2009). Effects of web- and computer-based smoking cessation programs: Meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Archives of Internal Medicine, 169(10), 929-937.
- McDonnell, D.D., Lee, H-J., Kim, Y-B., Kazinets, G., & Moskowitz, J.M. (2008). Cancer coverage in a mainstream and Korean American online newspaper: Lessons for community intervention. Patient Education and Counseling, 71(3), 388-395. doi:10.1016/j.pec.2008.03.004