Chean Men, MA
Mr. Men's research focuses on the convergence of medical anthropology and public health. He is one of the founding members of MoPoTsyo, a Cambodian NGO that supports people with diabetes in rural communities. He has served as a consultant to the World Health Organization and to the Cambodian Ministry of Health.
- Senior researcher, Center for Advanced Study in Phnom Penh
- Researcher and advisory board member, MoPoTsyo, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- PhD candidate, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Medical Anthropology
- MA, Northern Illinois University, Medical Anthropology
- Men, C., Meessen, B., van Pelt, M., Van Damme, W., & Lucas, H. (2012). "I wish I had AIDS": A qualitative study on access to health care services for HIV/AIDS and diabetic patients in Cambodia. Health, Culture and Society, 2(1), 22-39. doi: 10.5195/hcs.2012
- Bellows, B., Warren, C., Vonthanak, S., Chhorvann, C., Sokhom, H., Men, C., Bajracharya, A., Rob, U., & Rathavy, T. (2011, August 24). Evaluation of the impact of the voucher and accreditation approach on improving reproductive behaviors and status in Cambodia. BMC Public Health, 11, 667. doi:10.1186/1471-2458-11-667
- Meessen, B., Bigdeli, M., Chheng, K., Decoster, K., Ir, P., Men, C., & Van Damme, W. (2011, September). Composition of pluralistic health systems: How much can we learn in household surveys? An exploration in Cambodia. Health Policy and Planning, 26(Suppl. 1), i30-i44. doi: 10.1093/heapol/czr026
- Van Pelt, M. & Men, C. (2011, May 28). Case study: Diabetes, Cambodia’s silent killer. Capacity.org, 42(2). Retrieved from http://www.capacity.org/capacity/opencms/en/topics/health-systems/accessible-care-for-diabetes-in-cambodia.html
- Ir, P., Men, C., Lucas, H., Meessen, B., Decoster, K., Bloom, G., & Van Damme, W. (2010). Self-reported serious illnesses in rural Cambodia: A cross-sectional survey. PLos One, 5(6).