Kara Hall, PhD
Dr. Hall's research focuses on the development of behavioral science methodologies, such as survey protocol design, meta-analytic techniques for health behavior theory testing, applications of health behavior theory to multiple content areas, and the development of computerized, customized interventions to foster health promotion and disease prevention behaviors.
- Health scientist, director of the Science of Team Science team, and co-director of the Theories Project in the Science of Research and Technology Branch, Behavioral Research Program, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute
- PhD, 2004, University of Rhode Island, Psychology, with specializations in clinical psychology, neuropsychology, and behavioral science
- URI Graduate Fellowship, URI Research Ethics Fellowship, American Cancer Society Postdoctoral Fellowship, and NCI Postdoctoral Cancer Research Training Award
- Kerner, J. F., & Hall, K. L. (2009). Research dissemination and diffusion: Translation within science and society. Research on Social Work Practice, (19), 519-530.
- Hall, K. L., Stokols, D., Moser,R. P., Taylor, B. K., Thornquist, M. D., Nebeling, ... Jeffery, R. W. (2008). The collaboration readiness of transdisciplinary research teams and centers: Findings from the National Cancer Institute TREC year-one evaluation study. American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 35(2 Suppl), S161-S172.
- Hall, K. L., Feng, A. X., Moser, R. P., Stokols, D., & Taylor, B. K. (2008). Moving the science of team science forward: Collaboration and creativity. American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 35(2), S243-S249.
- Hall, K. L., & Rossi, J. S. (2008). Examination of the strong and weak principles of change using integrative quantitative methods. Preventive Medicine, 46(3), 266-274.
- Hall, K. L., Robbins, M. L., Paiva, A., Knott, G., Harris, L. & Mattice, B. (2007). Donation intentions among African American college students: Decisional balance and self-efficacy measures. Journal of Behavioral Medicine, 30(6), 483-495.