Jair Soares, MD
Dr. Soares is the co-director of the UT Center of Excellence on Mood Disorders, which focuses on providing top notch treatment as well as spearheading cutting edge research. Dr. Soares' areas of interest include mood disorders, brain imaging, and clinical psychopharmacology.
- Co-Director, UT Center of Excellence on Mood Disorders
- Professor and Chair of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, UT Medical School at Houston
- Executive Director, Harris County Psychiatric Center
- MD, 1990, University of São Paulo Medical School, São Paulo, Brazil
- Olvera, R. L., Fonseca, M., Caetano, S. C., Hatch, J. P., Hunter, K., Nicoletti, M., Pliszk, S.R., Cloninger, C. R., & Soares, J. C. (2009). Assessment of personality dimensions in children and adolescents with bipolar disorder using the Junior Temperament and Character Inventory. Journal of Child Adolescent Psychopharmacology, 19(1), 13-21.
- Nery, F. G., Chen, H. H., Hatch, J. P., Nicoletti, M. A., Brambilla, P., Sassi, R. B., Mallinger, A. G., Keshavan, M. S., & Soares, J. C. (2009). Orbitofrontal cortex gray matter volumes in bipolar disorder patients: A region-of-interest MRI study. Bipolar Disorders, 11(2), 145-53.
- Nery, F. G., Hatch, J. P., Nicoletti, M. A., Monkul, E. S., Najt, P., Matsuo, K., Cloninger, C. R., & Soares, J. C. (2009). Temperament and character traits in major depressive disorder: Influence of mood state and recurrence of episodes. Depression and Anxiety, 26(4), 382-8.