Etienne Sibille, PhD
Dr. Sibille was appointed to the faculty of the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine in 2004 after training in molecular neuropsychiatry at Cornell and Columbia Universities. His research goals focus on translational research aimed at identifying the cellular and molecular bases of depression, specifically of the mood and affect dysregulation component of the illness. Dr. Sibille has been elected to the membership of the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology and has authored more than 60 scientific research articles. He is the recipient of several NIMH grants and of an NIMH Independent Scientist Award.
- Associate Professor of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
- PhD, Cornell University, Pharmacology
- Guilloux, J. P., Douillard-Guilloux, G., Kota, R., Wang, X., Gardier, A., Martinowich, K., Tseng, G., Lewis, D.A., Sibille, E. (2012). Molecular evidence for BDNF- and GABA-related dysfunctions in the amygdala of female subjects with major depression. Molecular Psychiatry, 17(11), 1130-1142. doi: 10.1038/mp.2011.113
- Joeyen-Waldorf, J., Nikolova, Y., Edgar, N., Walsh, C., Kota, R., Lewis, D. A., Ferrell, R., Manuck, S., Hariri, A., Sibille, E. (2012). Adenylate cyclase 7 is implicated in the biology of depression and modulation of affective neural circuitry. Biological Psychiatry, 71(7), 627-632. doi: 10.1016/j.biopsych.2011.11.029
- Tripp, A., Oh, H., Guilloux, J. P., Martinowich, K., Lewis, D. A., Sibille, E. (2012). Brain-derived neurotrophic factor signaling and subgenual anterior cingulate cortex dysfunction in major depressive disorder. American Journal of Psychiatry, 169, 1194-1202. doi: 10.1176/appi.ajp.2012.12020248
- Glorioso, C., Oh, S., Douillard, G. G., Sibille, E. (2011). Brain molecular aging, promotion of neurological disease and modulation by Sirtuin5 longevity gene polymorphism. Neurobiology of Disease, 41(2), 279-290. doi: 10.1016/j.nbd.2010.09.016
- Sibille, E., Wang, Y., Joeyen-Waldorf, J., Gaiteri, C., Surget, A., Oh, S., Belzung, C., Tseng, G. C., Lewis, D. A. (2009). A molecular signature of depression in the amygdala. American Journal of Psychiatry, 166(9), 1011-1024. doi: 10.1176/appi.ajp.2009.08121760
- From Complex Theory to Testable Question
- Keep a Record of Successful Protocols
- Methods Frame What You See
- Setting Up a Basic Science Lab
- Should Questions Be Driven By Methods?
- Team Motivation
- Training in the Lab