Marschall Runge, MD, PhD
Dr. Runge leads the North Carolina Translational and Clinical Sciences (NC TraCS) Institute, part of a 55-member consortium of medical research institutions dedicated to improving biomedical research. An international leader in cardiovascular disease, Dr. Runge has edited several major medical textbooks.
- Professor and Chair of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Executive Dean, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Principal Investigator and Director, North Carolina Translational and Clinical Sciences Institute
- PhD, Vanderbilt University, Molecular Biology
- MD, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Madamanchi, N. R., Runge, M. S. (2013). Redox signaling in cardiovascular health and disease. Free Radical Biology & Medicine. [Epub ahead of print].
- Shamoon, H., Center, D., Davis, P., Tuchman, M., Ginsberg, H., Califf, R.,...Pulley, J. (2012). Preparedness of the CTSA's structural and scientific assets to support the mission of the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS). Clinical and Translational Science, 5(2), 121-129.
- Zhou, R. H., Vendrov, A. E., Tchivilev, I., Niu, X. L., Molnar, K. C., Rojas, M.,...Runge, M. S. (2012). Mitochondrial oxidative stress in aortic stiffening with age: the role of smooth muscle cell function. Arteriosclerosis Thrombosis and Vascular Biology, 32(3), 745-755.
- Madamanchi, N. R., Zhou, R. H., Vendrov, A. E., Niu, X. L., Runge, M. S. (2010). Does oxidative DNA damage cause atherosclerosis and metabolic syndrome?: new insights into which came first: the chicken or the egg. Circulation Research, 107(8), 940-942.
- Monaghan-Benson, E., Hartmann, J., Vendrov, A. E., Budd, S., Byfield, G., Parker, A.,...Hartnett, M. E. (2010). The role of vascular endothelial growth factor-induced activation of NADPH oxidase in choroidal endothelial cells and choroidal neovascularization. American Journal of Pathology, 177(4), 2091-2102.
- Collaboration Across the CTSA Consortium
- CTSA Training and Education Support
- Factor in Protected Time, Mentors, and Location
- Going the Administrative Route
- Importance of Matching Funds for a CTSA Grant
- Leading a CTSA Medical Research Center
- NIH's Clinical and Translational Science Award
- Prioritizing Early Career Opportunities
- Reaching Rural Communities with Translational Science
- What Is Translational Science?