Richard Davis, MD
Dr. Davis has expertise in the community dissemination and implementation of evidence-based research to improve the care and condition of adults with chronic diseases. Recent research includes evaluating Telehealth for diabetes self-management training in underserved communities. He also leads the Center for Diabetes Translational Research at UNC, which is one of seven NIH-funded centers providing support for research interventions proven to improve health and reduce health disparities. Dr. Davis is a Research Navigator at The North Carolina Translational and Clinical Sciences (NC TraCS) Institute.
- Professor of Ophthalmology, Department of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Research Navigator, North Carolina Translational and Clinical Sciences Institute
- MD, 1982, Feinberg School of Medicine of Northwestern University
- Threatt, J., Williamson, J. F., Huynh, K., Davis, R. M. (2013). Ocular disease, knowledge and technology applications in patients with diabetes. American Journal of Medical Science, 345(4),266-270.
- Mathew, M. C., Ervin, A. M., Tao, J., Davis, R. M. (2012). Antioxidant vitamin supplementation for preventing and slowing the progression of age-related cataract. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews.
- Davis, R. M., Hitch, A. D., Salaam, M. M., Herman, W. H., Zimmer-Galler, I. E., Mayer-Davis, E. J. (2010). TeleHealth improves diabetes self-management in an underserved community: diabetes TeleCare. Diabetes Care, 33(8), 1712-1717.
- Davis, R. M., Hitch, A. D., Nichols, M., Rizvi, A., Salaam, M., Mayer-Davis, E. J. (2009). A collaborative approach to the recruitment and retention of minority patients with diabetes in rural community health centers. Contemporary Clinical Trials. 30(1), 63-70.
- Davis, R. M., Evangelista, J. A. (2007). Ocular structure changes during vacuum by the Hansatome microkeratome suction ring. Journal of Refractive Surgery, 23(6), 563-566.
- Consider the Community
- Dissemination and Implementation to Achieve Results
- Effective Community-Based Research
- Funding the Center for Diabetes Translation Research
- Seeing the Way to Becoming a Research Navigator
- The Future of Translational Science
- The Role of a Research Navigator