Samantha Meltzer-Brody, MD, MPH
Dr. Meltzer-Brody's work is concentrated on women's mental health across the reproductive cycle, dealing with topics such as depression during pregnancy, premenstrual dysphoric disorder, and peri-menopausal mood symptoms. Her main focus is perinatal psychiatry. She is the director of the Perinatal Psychiatry Program of the UNC Center for Women's Mood Disorders, which in 2011 opened the first inpatient postpartum depression unit in the United States. Dr. Meltzer-Brody received a Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health (BIRCWH) grant from the North Carolina Translational and Clinical Sciences (NC TraCS) Institute.
- Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC
- Director of the Perinatal Psychiatry Program, UNC Center for Women's Mood Disorders
- MD, Northwestern University Medical School
- MPH, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Meltzer-Brody, S., Stuebe, A., Dole, N., Savitz, D., Rubinow, D., Thorp, J. (2011) Elevated corticotropin releasing hormone (CRH) during pregnancy and risk of postpartum depression (PPD). Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, 96, E40-E47.
- Abramowitz, J., Meltzer-Brody, S., Leserman, J., et. al. (2010). Obsessional thoughts and compulsive behaviors in a sample of women with postpartum mood symptoms. Archives of Women's Mental Health, 13(6), 523-30.
- Payne, J. L., Meltzer-Brody, S. (2009). Antidepressant use during pregnancy: current controversies and treatment strategies. Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology, 52(3), 469-82.
- Meltzer-Brody, S., Zolnoun, D., Steege, J., Rinaldi, K., Leserman, J. (2009). An open label trial of lamotrigine for chronic pelvic pain. Journal of Reproductive Medicine, 54(3), 171-8.
- Delatte, R., Meltzer-Brody, S., Cao, H., Menard, K. (2009). Universal screening for postpartum depression: an inquiry into provider attitudes and practice. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 200(5), e63-4.
- A Diversified Funding Portfolio
- Building a Team to Develop an App
- Collaboration Over Coffee
- Form Interdisciplinary Bridges
- Multiple Irons in the Fire
- Passion Makes the Difference
- Positive Partnering with Pharma
- Sanders Clinician Scholars Program
- Serendipity Creates Opportunity